MARYSVILLE USD #364
Board Meeting Highlights
March 9, 2016
• Selected Kevin Samuelson as President Pro Tempore to conduct this board meeting, due to the absence of the president and vice-president. Motion carried 5-0.
• Approved February Minutes
• Approved Bills and Transfers
• Received Clerk’s Financial Report, Treasurer’s Report, Investment Securities Report, Budget Summary, Cash Balance Report, and Miscellaneous Reports.
• Approved Gifts:
o Art Club received $222.00 from Deck the Halls
o The Band trip fund received $625.31 in donations
o The Drama Club received $721.00 in donations from their play
o The McCoy family honored their mother, grandmother and great grandmother, Florence Elaine Bergmann McCoy who taught home economics for 15 years at MHS by gifting a MacPro Doc computer with Retina display to the MHS and MJHS Art department
o North Central Kansas Down Syndrome Society donated $250.00 to the Special Education Department
o Bette Lammerding and Marvin Schlatter are donating a 65” TV for use in Annga Johnson’s classroom
• Citizens Open Forum – No one addressed the board.
• Following the presentation to Jacob Mintzmyer approved resolutions of commendation for Chris Deters winning first place in the 3-2-1A State Wrestling Tournament at 132 lbs. and Jacob Mintzmyer for winning first place in the 3-2-1A State Wrestling Tournament at 170 lbs. (Chris Deters was not present at the meeting.) Motion carried 5-0.
• Following the presentation to Cole Fredrickson, approved a resolution of commendation for Cole Fredrickson for the wrestling team winning third place in the 3-2-1A State Wrestling Tournament and receiving the Kansas Association of Wrestling Officials Coach of the Year and Sportsmanship Award. Motion carried 5-0.
• Mr. Fredrickson recognized the wrestling team on an outstanding season. Members present were Jacob Mintzmyer, Nick Ackerman, Gabe Capp, Ethan Crownover, Tristin Detimore, Chance Hight, Matt Lindhorst, Seth Mooradian, Derek Roever, Jakob Snellings, Jacob Stryker, Caleb Vogelsberg, and Skylar Widmer.
• Discussed League Affiliation of the NCKL. Mr. Denner had concerns about being the only 3-A school in the league. Mr. Mullins discussed possibly making it an agenda item in April.
• Mr. Mullins gave a report on Legislative Updates, Efficiency Study Information, Budget & Revenue Projections, Reaction to Gannon Decision and the Impact on USD364, Coalition of Innovative Districts, and Budget Projections.
• Following discussion with Steve Shogren, (George K. Baum & Company), adopted a resolution authorizing the Financial Advisor to proceed with the offering for sale of general obligation bonds in the principal amount of $9,900,000 to pay additional costs of the bond project. Motion carried 5-0.
• Mr. Mullins gave an update on the architectural drawings and time line of the bond project.
• Reviewed a financial update on the bond project.
• Approved Option #3 relating to the Technology Infrastructure/Wiring Project, which is a 1 year lease of $120,000 and the district initial payment of $100,982.10. Motion carried 5-0.
• Discussed technology initiative options with iPads in grades PK-4, Chromebooks for grades 5-8, and either Chromebooks or laptops in grades 9-12.
• Discussed capital outlay long-range projects.
• Discussed 2016 summer projects.
• Approved a motion to leave the Driver’s Education fee at $222.00 per student for 2016.
Motion passed 5-0.
• Approved a motion to leave Kids University Fees the same for 2016-17. Motion passed 5-0.
• Approved a motion to leave meal prices the same for 2016-17. Motion passed 5-0.
• Approved a device fee for technology initiative (Option 1). Motion passed 5-0.
PK-2 – $10
Grades 3-8 – $20
Grades 9-12 – $30
• Approved the agreement with Marysville Sport and Recreation, LLC to contract for maintenance of the operation of the baseball and softball playing fields to include Lakeview Complex and Feldhausen Field at a cost of $3,000.00 payable in installments of $1,000.00 during the months of March, April, and May. Motion passed 4-0.
• Discussed student entry fees and fund raising.
• Offered a certified contract to Ronessa Stueve as Part-time At Risk teacher at Marysville Elementary for 2016-17, and offer a classified contract to Sarah Wecker as administrative assistant/secretary at the district office effective April 4, 2016. Motion carried 5-0.
• Approved a motion to hire 3 students to help the maintenance department over spring break. Motion carried 5-0.
• Offered continuing contracts to all teachers for the 2016-17 school year. Motion carried 5-0.