Letter to Bulldog Family,
The start of a new school year is always an exciting time for me. I am excited about the new programs that we are starting this year and I am excited about the new teachers that we have joining our existing group of outstanding teachers.
I am also excited about the construction that has now started at MES and at MJSH. However, there will be some headaches to go along with the new construction. Keeping our students and staff safe is one of our top priorities, and I would ask for your cooperation and understanding as we get the new year started. Please find some important information about parking as well as student loading and unloading for both campuses below-
Marysville Elementary School
- The gates on 10th Street will be closed at 7:30 each morning.
- Students in grades 4-6 will assemble on the concrete play area, west of 10th Street and next to the playground, in the morning rather than on the blacktop area north of the school.
- Parents should only drop off and/or pick up students in the following locations –
- Carolina Street in front of the school
- At the southwest corner of 11th and Carolina so that students can use this sidewalk to either enter the building or to walk over to the concrete play area
- At the southwest corner of 10th and Alston so that students can use this sidewalk to walk to the concrete play area
- Parking along the north side of the building will be very limited for a while due to construction materials, but we hope that we can resume using this area for parking in the near future.
- The corner of 10th and Alston is now a 4-way stop for safety reasons during the construction process.
Marysville Junior/Senior High
- Parking along the east side of the high school will be reduced as we need this area for a safe construction zone and for construction equipment and materials.
- There are no changes to the procedures for dropping off and/or picking up students.
Our goal is to have a safe school year for all of our students, teachers, and all district patrons in and around our school buildings. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the building principals or myself here at the District Office.
Bill Mullins Superintendent – USD 364